«Innovation is one of the priorities of the European Statistical System. Eurostat is trying to engage with the innovation community at large (researchers, developers, and methodologists – be it in academia, the private sector or public administrations) so that they are stimulated to develop solutions that have the potential to serve the needs of statistical production.
With the European Statistics Awards Programme, we are trying to do so in a new way, with competitions in the fields of nowcasting and web intelligence. The first round of the European Statistics Awards for Nowcasting has now been launched, and teams can sign up to compete for up to 8000 EUR in prizes (per time series) for their nowcasts. Teams may sign up to try their skills for one or more of the following three monthly time series:
- industry production volume
- producer price indices
- number of nights spent at tourist accommodation establishments
The award ceremony is planned for October 2023, on 2023 European Statistics Day.
We warmly welcome teams from the EU and beyond and would highly appreciate your help in raising the awareness of the nowcasting awards within and outside your organisation, e.g. through:
- adding the link to the European Statistics Awards homepage, on your website and your intranet site;
- distributing the link to your member organisations;
- sharing the link with the academic, research and innovation networks within (and beyond) your countries;
- posting about the competition on your social media platforms of choice (please see the threads on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for possible re-posting).
Teams are encouraged to sign up by 29 September 2022 to maximise the chance to win.
For more information on the European Statistical Awards Programme, please drop a line to the organising team at email@example.com to learn about any further details.
Many thanks in advance for sharing this information!
European Commission – Eurostat
Methodology and Innovation in Official Statistics»
The UNESCO Institute for Statistics is currently recruiting for the following positions based in Montreal, Santiago, Dakar and Beirut.
- Head of Section (Education in Administrative Data), P5, Project Appointment, UIS- Montreal; Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal; Deadline – 08/10/2022.
- Head of Section (Research and Innovation in Monitoring Education), P5, Project Appointment, UIS -Montreal; Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal; Deadline – 08/10/2022;
- Senior Regional Advisor (Statistics), P5 PA- Dakar; Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal; Closing date – 14-OCT-2022;
- Project Officer – Education Statistics (Arab States), P3 PA, Beirut; Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal; Closing date – 14-OCT-2022
- Project Officer – Education Statistics (Latin America & the Caribbean), P3 PA, Santiago; Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal; Closing date – 14-OCT-2022
All applications are to be submitted online using the links above before the deadlines. The Vacancy notices are attached for further information.
Kindly share the vacancy announcements with colleagues and your network.
Thank you and best wishes,