The HOCM Board is excited to announce five scholarships for doctoral students to attend the HOCM Mini-Conference at the 2023 POMS Conference https://pomsmeetings.org/conf-2023/. The scholarships are based on donated honoraria from several speakers from last year’s Mini-Conference. Each scholarship will cover the Mini-Conference registration ($50) and membership for the HOCM College ($15).
All students currently pursuing their doctoral degrees are eligible to apply. Scholarship applications will be judged based on research merit and financial need. To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A one-paragraph description of your research and how it relates to humanitarian operations and crisis management.
2. A brief statement explaining your financial situation and why you will benefit from this scholarship.
Scholarship applications can be sent to Eunae Yoo (firstname.lastname@example.org ), HOCM Treasurer, and are due on January 11, 2023.
Finally, Our Best Paper Competition deadline is December 20, 2022; https://www.poms.org/colleges/college_of_humanitarian_operat/. You can send your proposal to Mohammad Moshtari (email@example.com), HOCM VP for Awards.
Basque Center for Applied Mathematics – BCAM offers five Postdoctoral Fellowship positions and two Research Technician positions:
- Postdoctoral Fellow for long-term covid-19 multiphase persistent interaction: BCAM is offering a Postdoctoral position for long-term covid-19 multiphase persistent interaction to work with Serafim Rodrigues to work in long-term Covid-19, topological data analysis, molecular simulations and machine learning. Deadline for applications: 30 December 2022, Friday.
- Postdoctoral Fellow on effective treatment strategies for rare diseases based on gene therapy: BCAM is offering a Postdoctoral position on effective treatment strategies for rare diseases based on gene therapy to work with Gianni Pagnini to work in Stochastic Modelling and Simulation of Anomalous Diffusion. Deadline for applications: 30 December 2022, Friday.
- Research Technician on effective treatment strategies for rare diseases based on gene therapy: BCAM is offering a Research technician position on effective treatment strategies for rare diseases based on gene therapy to work with Gianni Pagnini to work in Data Analysis for Anomalous Diffusion in Biological Media. Deadline for applications: 30 December 2022, Friday.
- Postdoctoral researcher Machine Learning for Energy Forecasting: BCAM is offering a Postdoctoral position in Machine Learning for Energy Forecasting to work with Santiago Mazuelas in the framework of IA4TES – Inteligencia Artificial para Transición Energética Sostenible project. Deadline for applications: 02 January 2023, Monday.
- Research Technician in machine learning and safety-critical applications: BCAM is offering a Research Technician position in machine learning and safety-critical applications to work with Santiago Mazuelas to work in supervised machine learning. This offer is funded by Axa Research Fund. Deadline for applications: 02 January 2023, Monday.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Applied Analysis: BCAM is offering a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Applied Analysis to work with Arghir Zarnescu to work in Analytical study of partial differential equations. Deadline for applications: 16 January 2023, Monday.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Algebraic Geometry and Singularity Theory: BCAM is looking to fill a 3 year postdoctoral position, with a possibility of extension for 1 year. The candidate’s research interests should connect in the broad sense to the topics pursued within the group: commutative algebra, geometry (algebraic, complex, or symplectic), and topology. In particular, we will also consider applicants who do not directly work in these fields, but have applied their results therein. We also want to see a person who can contribute to the life of our group by collaborating within the group, inviting guests, and organizing seminars and other activities. Deadline for applications: 03 February 2023, Friday.
- For further information check our website.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABIERTA NUEVA CONVOCATORIA
El Programa de Investigación Fundamentos está destinado a proyectos exploratorios que aborden de manera innovadora cuestiones centrales o fundacionales de un campo científico o disciplinar en su estadio actual de desarrollo, o cuestiones del mismo carácter fundamental resultado de la intersección de varias disciplinas.El objeto de la convocatoria es la concesión de ayudas económicas para el desarrollo de proyectos de investigación de fundamentos de una o más de las siguientes áreas del conocimiento:
Física, QuímicaMatemáticas, Estadística, Ciencias de la Computación, Inteligencia ArtificialBiología y BiomedicinaCiencias del Medio AmbienteCiencias Sociales (Economía, Psicología, Ciencia Política, Sociología, Ciencias Jurídicas, Antropología Cultural y Social, Lingüística)
El Programa Fundamentos está abierto a proyectos liderados por hasta tres investigadores principales de una o más disciplinas, pudiendo incorporar también investigadores adscritos a centros de cualquier otro país.
Se concederá un máximo de 5 ayudas con un importe bruto máximo de 600.000 euros por proyecto.
El plazo máximo de ejecución de los proyectos seleccionados será de 3 años.Plazo de presentación de solicitudes:
desde el 28 de diciembre de 2022 al 30 de mayo de 2023, a las 18:00 h, hora peninsular española.
Bases de la convocatoria y formulario de solicitud disponibles en la web de la Fundación BBVA
Más información y consultas en email@example.com
SUBMISSION PERIOD NOW OPEN
The Fundamentos Research Program targets exploratory projects that innovatively address the core or fundamental questions of a scientific field or discipline at its current stage of development, or questions of the same fundamental nature emerging from the intersection of various disciplines.
The purpose of this call is to provide funding for the conduct of research projects addressing the fundaments of one of more knowledge areas of those listed below:
Physics, ChemistryMathematics, Statistics, Computer Sciences, Artificial IntelligenceBiology and BiomedicineEnvironmental ScienceSocial Sciences (Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Legal Sciences, Cultural and Social Anthropology, Linguistics)
The Fundamentos Program is open to projects led by up to three principal investigators from one or more disciplines, and incorporating researchers attached to centers in any country.
A maximum of 5 grants will be awarded for a gross amount of up to 600,000 euros per project.
The maximum term for the execution of awardee projects will be 3 years. The submission period will run from
December 28, 2022 to May 30, 2023 at 18:00, Spanish standard time.
Call conditions and application forms are available on the BBVA Foundation website
More information and inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder for the General Support Fund for the submission of bids or projects in 2023 and 2024.
The deadline is April 1st 2023.
Call for submission of bids for projects in 2024 and 2025
The purpose of the General Support Fund (GSF) is to support any activity related to EURO that cannot be covered by other instruments of EURO.
The General Support fund should not be used as a support to regular activities of the member societies and EURO working groups (such as national meetings and conferences). Also bids aiming at supporting a single individual are not acceptable.
Priority will always be given to:
- bids that give special consideration to the need of students (e.g., organiser of an event related to EURO willing to subsidise the participation of students),
- bids that give special consideration to the need of organisers of OR events in Central and Eastern Europe,
- bids that emanate from a member society of EURO or organisers of EURO sponsored events or organisers of events sponsored by a member society of EURO.
Please also check the guidelines
The deadline is April 1st 2023.
The bids are kept informal. They should, however, always contain a description of the project and a budget. They should mention the support that has been obtained or solicited from other sources. Please note we have an online submission system for bids. You will need to register and you will receive confirmation of your submission. Bids should be submitted (as a zip file or equivalent single submission) online:
BCAM ofrece 11 plazas predoctorales de la AEI en la siguiente convocatoria PRE2022
La Agencia Estatal de Investigación ha publicado la convocatoria 2022 de contratos predoctorales en los centros SO/MdM y de los proyectos de investigación PID2021. El plazo de presentación de es desde el 12/01/2023 hasta el 26/01/2023 a las 14:00h CET. Plazas ofertadas:
1. PID2021-123034NB-I00. Spectral theory and PDE: Real and Fourier Analysis. Principal investigators: Luca Fanelli, Renato Lucà
2. CEX2021-001142-S-20-1. Core in Applied Maths: Fourier Analysis, Inverse Problems, PDEs, Dynamical Systems, Algebraic Geometry and Singularity Theory, Quantum Mechanics, etc.
3. CEX2021-001142-S-20-2. Core in Applied Maths: Algebraic Geometry and Singularity Theory, Statistical Physics, Probability and Statistics, Machine learning, Data Science etc.
4. CEX2021-001142-S-20-3. Core in Applied Maths: Fourier Analysis, Inverse Problems, PDEs, Dynamical Systems, combinatorial optimization, Machine learning, Data Science etc.
5. CEX2021-001142-S-20-4. Comp. Maths: Mathematical Design, Computer Simulation, Deep learning, Numerical Analysis, Mathematical Modeling, etc
6. CEX2021-001142-S-20-5. Comp. Maths: CFD, Computer Simulation, Numerical Analysis, HPC, complex fluids, Mathematical and Theoretical Biology, Neuroscience, etc
7. CEX2021-001142-S-20-6. Comp. Maths: CFD, Computer Simulation, HPC, complex fluids, Mathematical Design, Computer Simulation, Deep learning, Numerical Analysis, etc.
8. CEX2021-001142-S-20-7. Applications of Maths: Knowledge Transfer applied to biosciences, energy, advanced manufacturing, Analysis of Scientific Metrics, etc.
9. CEX2021-001142-S-20-8. BCAM-Severo Ochoa Lab on Trustworthy Machine Learning
10. CEX2021-001142-S-20-9. BCAM-Severo Ochoa Lab on Modelling with Partial Differential Equations in Mathematical Biology
11. CEX2021-001142-S-20-10. BCAM-Severo Ochoa Lab on Analysis of PDEs
Mas info en http://www.bcamath.org/predoctoral2022/